It doesn’t matter how much money you’re making in the cryptocurrency market – if you don’t protect it, you could lose everything.
How many times have you heard of people LOSING their money to CRYPTO?
Even those who got really lucky and bought crypto at the right time could still lose it all. Losing your money to cryptocurrency is an unfortunate reality for many people. People have lost their hard-earned crypto because of poor security, lost keys, or exchanges going bust and therefore it’s important to know how to protect yourself from these situations.
There are several tips you need to know when it comes to losing your money to crypto (indirectly to protect it), but we will provide you with a few you can start with.
Here are some tips on how to lose your money to crypto;
- Ensure You Have Weak Passwords for All Your Accounts: Weak passwords are easy to guess and that would make you lose your money to crypto faster. In order to secure your crypto properly, ensure to use strong passwords that people cannot easily guess – like the use of your name, your year of birth and so on. The best combination is to include Capital letters, small letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Share Your Private Keys With Everyone: Some people treat their passwords like an open secret and you shouldn’t be like them, especially in a case like this. Protect your password even more than a bank’s vault.
- Don’t Secure Your Personal Device: Don’t fall for the scam of a random person wanting to use your phone to make phone calls. The person might have an ulterior motive and stealing your crypto might be one of those. After all, it’s your PERSONAL DEVICE, keep it personal.
- Don’t Use a Trusted Wallet System: Not all wallet systems can be trusted and that’s why you need to be careful when choosing your wallet system to keep your crypto. SekiApp is a trusted wallet system that allows you to store, sell, send and buy your crypto faster, easier and safer with over 24,000+ users.
- Click on Phishing links: You may want to do a giveaway with your money by clicking on every link -verified or not-. Beware of the links that you click on. Your details might be collected with just a random link you click. Any link that is not from a trusted place should be tossed into your bin.
- Trade Using Unsecured Internet Connection: Awoof dey run belle (Free things purge people). The discovery of a free internet connection in your neighbourhood gives a feeling of joy but the last thing you want to do with that internet is to trade your crypto.
- Buy Digital Assets from Untrusted Exchange Sources: You feel like shedding off some money by deciding to buy digital assets from untrusted exchange sources. One of the ways to keep your money safe while trading digital assets is to buy and sell your assets from trusted exchange sources like SekiApp. You deserve to trade in safe hands to secure your cash.
You don’t have to lose your money (or cryptocurrency) before you start acquainting yourself with how to secure it. Securing your money (or cryptocurrency) should be a priority (not an option) to you, as it is one of your streams of income. If you are currently holding any amount of cryptocurrency, then it is in your best interest to get into the habit of always keeping it secure.
Since digital currencies are currently very volatile and subject to security issues, you can easily lose them if you don’t prioritise the safety of your funds. There are plenty of ways to protect your digital money. So take some time today to find out which method will be best for you and implement them as soon as possible. You’ll be glad that you did.